Leader in the Hospitality Industry
Professional, business leader/owner with 23 years Air Force Honorable service as of 30 Sept 2021. Experiences include Managing Partner, Owner and Operator, and business development for multiple units.
Please see Resume' highlights below:
THOMAS SCOTT TANTIUS
506 Bay Circle . Indian Harbour Beach FL 32937
Phone: 321-446-2905 . E-Mail:
- Program Manager, Superintendent, Facility Management, USAF. Nov - 1984-Dec 1994 & Nov 2011-Sept 2021 22 Years. International resource and facility management experiences include noteworthy accomplishments in Florida, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, England, Honduras, Korea, Kuwait, UAE, and Guam. Comprehensive expertise includes: Group Career Assistance Advisor, Contract Augmentation Manager, $52M/5 multi-national
contingency service contracts, Chief of Readiness and Services, Unit Deployment Manager, Quality Assurance Evaluator, $42M contract, Search and Recovery team Lead, Food Service Section Chief, Dining Facility Director of Operations-4 facilities, Supervisor of Operations, Patrick AFB Fitness Center, Reservations and Billeting Manager, Base Program Manager/Director of Staff, Base Honor Guard, Manager of Front Desk Operations, Evaluator of dining facility operations.
- General Manager, Cracker Barrel. March 2009-Nov 2011. Directed 145 staff members driving $6.6M annual revenue. Boosted guest loyalty/reduced food cost. Increased loyalty levels by 23% while increasing profits $43K annually. Crafted unique sales motivation tools which promoted retail/sales drives. Intense focus on inventory control, food waste increased profits. Streamlined daily operations, implemented quality control checks, and reduced food cost from 27 to 23.5%.
- Business Owner/CEO, Bunky’s Seafood Grille and Raw bar, two locations; Satellite Beach, Cocoa Beach Fl. Jan 2004-Feb 2009. Captured Federal Small Business Association funding, $2.7M developing two businesses with property. Spearheaded renovations, awarded $55K local improvement grant which aided in a 110% sales increase from $750K to $1.6M within 8 months. Bottom-line profit return of $236K during first year of operations. Developed guest satisfaction meters, crafted unique secret shopper program, revamped menu, managed profit and loss variables, served as human resource director, managed sales/tax revenues for two real estate holding companies. Conducted quarterly investor meetings and created 18% annual return on investments to shareholders.
- Managing Partner, Texas Roadhouse restaurant. Oct 1995-Jan 2004 Managed 135 employees, $4.8M business & real estate franchise. Resource director. Dissected all lines of Profit and Loss Statements. Created self-sustained profit-minded management teams, increased revenue from $2.1M to $4.8M. Implemented catering program specializing in weddings/corporate events to increase awareness. Produced highest guest loyalty scores in southeast region while improving investor
profits 28%. Implemented action plans, streamlined operations, reduced excess inventory/led renovation of entire facility following massive hurricane damage. Crafted unique holiday gift card sales program which produced $284K Gift Card sales within 45 days/133% increase, process adopted company-wide.
- MBA Organizational Leadership Ashford University Projected Aug 2021
BA Organizational Leadership Ashford University- Feb 2016
Applied Management Diploma University of Maryland Mar 1994
AAS Electrical and Mechanical Technology Community College of the United States Air Force Sep 2014
AAS Food Service and Lodging Management Community College of the United States Air Force Sep 1994
Senior Non-commissioned Officer Academy Maxwell-Gunter AFB Alabama Jan 2019
Non-commissioned Officer Academy Maxwell-Gunter AFB Alabama Apr 2017
Non-commissioned Officer Leadership School, Anderson AFB, Guam “Distinguished Graduate” Jul 1989
Professional Military Management Education Course, Anderson AFB, Guam “Honor Graduate” Nov 1987TEAM AWARDS
Major General Eugene L. Eubank Award, Best Unit in Air Force, 45 FSS, Patrick AFB, FL 2015-2018
Outstanding Unit Award, 114 ROPS, Patrick AFB, FL 2011-2013
Outstanding Unit Award, Best Dining Facility in Air Force Space Command, Patrick AFB, FL 1995-1996/2015
Best Dining in Brevard, Winner, Florida Today “Best Seafood Restaurant and Sports Bar” 2005-2009
- PROFESSIONAL HONORS
380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Senior NCO of the Quarter 2017
45th Space Wing Military Volunteer of Quarter 2016
Air Force Reserve Command, Honor Guard Manager of the Year, United States Air Force 2014
Dean’s List, 3.73 GPA, Ashford University, B/A Organizational Leadership 2014-2015
Outstanding Academic Achievement Award, Air Force Sergeants Association, Patrick AFB, FL 2014
45th Space Wing Non-Commissioned Officer of Quarter, 45 Force Support Squadron, Patrick AFB, FL 2013, 2015
Unit Honor Guard Program Manager of the Year, 114 ROPS, Florida Air National Guard 2013
Non-Commissioned Officer of the Quarter, 114 ROPS, Florida Air National Guard 2012-13
Outstanding Performer, Hennessey Team, Air Force Space Command winner 1996-1997/2015
Distinguished Graduate, Non-commissioned Officer Leadership School, Anderson AFB, Guam 1990
Installation Airman of the Year, 20th Services Squadron, Shaw AFB, South Carolina 1986
|Last Resume Update||June 17, 2021|
|Address||Indian Harbor Beach, Florida|