|Date Posted||December 27, 2021|
Position Summary: Assists the Executive Chef to establish and maintain a smooth functioning food production department in compliance with Standard Operation Procedures. Ensures a high level of sanitation and safety in all food areas. Strives for service of high-quality food and achievement of budgeted goals.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain quality food product and presentation according to company standards, i.e., use records and recipe cards.
- Supervise all food preparation for the outlets and banquets.
- Assist in purchasing, receiving and food storage standards, conducting food cost control inventories.
- Assist in calculating accurate, theoretical and weighted food costs.
- Estimate production needs on a daily and weekly basis.
- Maintain high sanitation standards for food handling and equipment maintenance.
- Conduct monthly sanitation and safety inspections.
- Assist in development of annual operations budget.
- Assume responsibility of the kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef.
- Coordinate with engineering to ensure preventative maintenance programs are in effect.
- Coordinate with catering and banquet department to review Banquet Event Orders.
- Train, coach, and discipline culinary team.
- Manage staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the department budget.
- Responsible for accurate payroll of culinary department.
- Adhere to hotel grooming and uniform standards.
- Perform any additional tasks requested by management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited culinary school or high school diploma or GED plus 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge, and ability.
Experience: Two (2) years previous culinary experience.
Certification: Serve Safe Certificate
Hours required: Scheduled days and time vary based on hotel needs. May be required to work weekends.
Skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of knife skills, sanitation and cooking methods.
- Knowledge of sanitation codes concerning food storage and cross contamination.
- Knowledge of proper cooking methods
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to provide friendly guest service with a smile.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not
intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kolter Hospitality Participates in E-Verify