|Date Posted||August 30, 2021|
Position Summary: Answers and directs incoming calls from inside and outside the hotel. Takes Room Service orders. Identifies all guest needs and handles their requests. Dispatches department staff via two-way radio and telephone
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Answers and directs all external incoming telephone calls following Westin's telephone etiquette.
- Answers all internally generated guest and delivery-related team member calls. Greets guests with a cheerful and pleasant voice, using guest's names at least three times during the conversation.
- Dispatched delivery, security, banquets, engineering, housekeeping, and others to the appropriate personnel.
- Takes room service orders from guests over the telephone. Enter orders in the POS (Point of Service) system. Communicates special instructions to the kitchen and expediters. Up-sells Room Service orders.
- Posts room service charges and settle tickets when needed.
- Takes call-in amenity and hospitality orders and organizes deliveries to guests.
- Answer guests' questions and assists them with their needs, ensuring all requests are followed through and completed.
- Accepts and relays guests' messages, either manually, written, or through the voice mail system.
- Take requests for wake-up calls and follows through to ensure guests receive their wake-up calls at the requested time.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all hotel and area events and activities, so guests will receive accurate and prompt information when requested.
- Communicates situations in which guests are dissatisfied or experiencing a problem with management.
- Responds to emergencies calmly and effectively, according to hotel guidelines.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Prior hospitality experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must possess the basic computational ability
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day
This description is a summary of primary qualifications and responsibilities. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kolter Hospitality Participates in E-Verify
For consideration, please apply online at https://www.kolterhospitality.com/careers/