|Location||3210 Fenney Way The Villages, FL 32163, The Villages, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 16, 2021|
Scope of Responsibilities
Within the spirit of "Making People's Dreams Come True”, responsibilities of this position include serving meals and beverages to patrons in the dining establishment as well as maintaining a clean and sanitary environment for the guests while delivering Raving Fans customer service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following; While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions to be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require (this includes, but is not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments)
- Present menu, answer questions, and make suggestions regarding food and service.
- Service assigned tables, take food order and relay to kitchen and bar, bus tables, run food, complete side work, and providing table/station maintenance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of table/station numbers.
- Set up and breaking down of side stations.
- Cleaning and sweeping floors.
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Display a friendly attitude toward guests.
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge.
- Upsell specialty drinks and featuring food items.
- Take correct food and drink orders and inputting through POS system.
- Answer all guest questions accurately.
- Check ID’s properly.
- Demonstrate food safety & responsible alcohol service.
- Serve courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Observe diners to respond to any additional requests.
- Total bill, accept payment, process credit card and/or make change.
- Perform food & beverage services as determined by establishment's size and practices.
- Clear and reset tables at conclusion of each course.
- Bring all dirty wares to kitchen/dish area for cleaning.
- Mop up accidental spills or sweep up an area needed for immediate seating.
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and according to company guidelines.
- Master service skills such as guest service focus, food assembly knowledge, stay’s organized, follows service standards.
- Deliver at a high performance, holding themselves accountable through effective coaching and strong follow-through skills.
- Understand and execute an action plan to achieve goals.
SIDE WORK: This is not intended to be an exclusive list. Other duties may be assigned.
- Return all dishes to the kitchen/dish area for cleaning.
- Empty and clean coffee pots, coffee makers, and tea machines.
- Clean and empty dump sink and spray with cleaning/sanitizing solution.
- Stock beverage station with tea bags, beverage and dinner napkins, coffee spoons, coffee cups, glasses, to go boxes, straws and coasters.
- Clean and organize all shelves and wipe underneath equipment on shelves.
- Cover lemons and creamers and place in kitchen refrigerator.
- Empty all trash in the work area.
- Clean lids and tops of condiment bottles around the lids.
- Clean soda machine, pull all nozzles and soak overnight in soda water, clean pull out tray and grate.
- Empty bucket in grate by garbage dumpsters.
- Clean shelf and underneath all equipment.
- Remove debris from strainer and sink and clean and spray using a cleaning/sanitizing solution.
- Sweep the floor and mop with clean water and cleaning/sanitizing solution.
- Cut lemons and/or other garnishes.
- Push chairs in at all tables, including patios.
- Fill all condiment containers (salt, pepper, sugar, etc.)
- Clean and replace all ashtrays.
- Clean all service trays.
- Roll silverware in napkins.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in high volume environment.
- Must obtain Food Handler’s Certification.
- Must obtain a Responsible Alcohol Service Certification.
- Must be 18 years of age.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Employees, customers and the general public (bilingual, Spanish speaking a plus).
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires prolonged hand and wrist movement/usage. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a restaurant/bar setting with the physical demands described and is representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and to extreme hot and cold environments, risk of burn due to extremely hot liquids, and chemicals used in the cleaning process. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.