|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
To deliver and serve food and/or beverage items in a friendly, courteous and timely manner resulting in guest satisfaction.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
15 Set up room service trays and tables in anticipation of incoming orders.
Keeping area clean at all times.
35 Retrieve check from order taker and place order with kitchen. When picking up, be certain that order is complete, i.e. all food, beverages, alcoholic beverages, and all condiments.
25 Carry trays up to 30 lbs. or push wheeled carts to deliver room service orders to guests in a friendly, timely and courteous manner to ensure guest satisfaction. After set up, present check.
10 Assist bus-persons in removing trays and tables from guest floors and returning them to designated locations.
10 Prepare complimentary fruit baskets and deliver to guest rooms.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Perform all assigned side-work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side-stands.
• Perform any general cleaning tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guest to ensure all laws are being followed.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service-ware and menu items.
• Ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate with guests.
• Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
• Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. on a continuous basis.
• Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
Any combination of: education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain: any government-required licenses or certificates.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).