|Location||100 S Ocean Blvd, Manalapan, FL|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
We are seeking a full-time Public Relations & Social Media Manager who will take on the day-to-day responsibilities of the public presence/opinion for Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate will have a high comfort level and technical experience with all digital formats, and extensive experience using social media, personally and professionally. This candidate will develop and implement an ongoing focused media and community relations program alongside our PR agency. This program must be strategically planned to support and enhance the hotel's sales and marketing efforts in order to target market and reinforce the resort’s brand identity.
We are looking for someone that, regardless of the professional public relations support, understands how to use their social media accounts to help manage public opinion. They don't wait for others to create stories about our brand, they create interest using public relations influencing tactics. They create flattering and engaging stories about our brand, react to other large stories, and react publicly to negative comments. You’ll need to think like a public relations expert and create content like a marketer on social media to boost our reputation and earn new followers.
Public Relations Responsibilities:
- Work closely with external public relations agencies and manage the relationships to optimize productivity
- Liaise with all departments to unearth public relations opportunities
- Draft press releases and media alerts as needed
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local and regional media and respond to all local and regional media inquiries
- Field media questions and pitches stories to the media, prepares media kits and organizes press conferences. In addition to writing press releases, they write speeches for organizational leaders and may assist in developing advertising and marketing communications material. and prepare articles for corporate newsletters.
- Release information to counter negative publicity and handle crisis and emergency communications.
- Generate regional and local media exposure for the hotel, spa and restaurants
- Meet and greet all incoming media and organize and attend media fam trips
- Conceptualize, produce and publicize special event promotions
- Manage and track all media reservations
- Coordinate, manage and attend off-site promotions (e.g. charity events and culinary competitions)
- Update and maintain hotel website(s) with special events and press releases
- Schedule and oversee all paid and editorial photo shoots and on-site live and taped television broadcasts
- Manage annual public relations budget
- Maintain press clippings, press materials and media photo library
- Create monthly reports with media coverage
- Draft promotional materials and special event invitations while facilitating vision to Graphic Designer.
- Multi-task to manage PR opportunities for all hotel brand assets
- Assist in crisis communications (in conjunction with General Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing and Director of Marketing & Brand)
Social Media Responsibilities:
- Implement platform-specific best practices including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Develop monthly content calendars, curated around various topics and offerings – Food & Beverage, Spa, Pool & Beach, Special Events and more.
- Assist with photoshoots.
- Attend Brand activations and cover LIVE events.
- Actively engage with the resort to create real-time content and stories by generating, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Creative Copywriting. Must maintain our Brand Standards in voice and imagery throughout calendars.
- Community-building - Foster interactivity, engagement, community growth, expertise, trust, and loyalty. Seek out opportunities for conversation.
- Community moderation, including answering comments and questions, prompting further engagement, escalating issues to department heads, following up on issues, and maintaining community standards. Given our business and the nature of social media, some weekend and holiday work will be required.
- Assist in the execution of paid/sponsored media campaigns across multiple social media platforms in collaboration with the digital agency.
- Understanding of platform-specific and third-party social media tracking and analytics tools.
- Provide reporting on social media key metrics. Track projects, report, and monitor KPIs and social media ROI.
- Establish, track, and ensure adherence to budgets, launch schedules, campaigns, and marketing objectives.
- Stay current on the latest updates on social media and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences and experiment with new tools and platforms.
- Monitor and respond to reputation management sites (i.e. TripAdvisor, Google reviews, etc.).
- Individual with media and partnership relationships in the local area (Jupiter to Miami)
- Previous experience promoting luxury/lifestyle products, restaurants, bars and special events to the local community
- Strong photography skills a must. Please include link to portfolio to be considered. Video production skills a plus.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience with demonstrated success in social media community management, community building, social media strategies, and outreach.
- Strong understanding and background with luxury or established brands.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; hospitality experience a plus.
- Must be flexible, with the ability to multi-task and frequently adjust to several team dynamics, changing priorities and timelines in a fast-paced working environment. Ability to work under tight deadlines with short turnarounds.
- Must be able to attend events on weekends and holidays.
- Self-starter, constantly thinking proactively and identifying new opportunities.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to write with a given audience in mind.
- Diplomacy in internal/external communications.
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and customer advocacy.
- Focus on corporate reputation, image and risk management.
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include links to social media platforms and/or campaigns you were directly involved with along with explanations. Cite goals and results.
This job description is meant to provide a representative list of the essential duties performed by the job classification; it is not intended to include every possible activity and task that may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties. This job description is subject to change.