|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
Prepares salads, fruits, dressings, cold meats, fish items, canapés, cold hors d'oeuvres, appetizers and other cold dishes according to high standards of quality
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Prepares all pantry food items according to standard pantry recipes or, as otherwise specified by supervisor, to ensure consistency of product to the guest; requires transportation of heavy food products.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, especially on all fresh produce, checking on portion control, to maintain quality product.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Ensures that all equipment in working area is clean and in proper working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items. Reads and employs math skills for following recipes. Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in work station.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning up unexpected spills, or executing special guest requests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cold food preparation.
• Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
• Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes, and communicate with other employees.
• Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
• Ability to work in confined spaces.
• Ability to perform within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the functions of the job. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred.
Cold food preparation experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).