|Location||727 Northeast 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Date Posted||October 12, 2023|
|Financial Incentives||Competitive salary, Employee discount|
After 11 years in the NFL, retired veteran linebacker Stephen Tulloch opened a coffee shop in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, never imagining his first post-football entrepreneurial venture would lead to a brand that is now fueling NFL teams and professionals across the country.
Tulloch opened his first Circle House Coffee shop in the Flagler Village area of Ft. Lauderdale in 2019. Business was booming at the brick-and-mortar café, especially at the drive-thru, as the first coffee shop in the area to offer drive-up service. He now has expanded and created his own personal blend, Signature 55.
During his 11-year NFL career, Tulloch found coffee to be the key to fueling his day. Now the owner of Circle House Coffee in Florida, he created the coffee shop’s concept to bring people together and raise awareness for both local and global needs. Since 2019, his Circle House Coffee has raised thousands of dollars in conjunction with the Stephen Tulloch Foundation for various local non-profits around South Florida including Pink Angels Memorial Foundation, Women In Distress and Heart Gallery of Broward County.
His coffee, Signature 55, is now in multiple NFL facilities across the country as he continues to work with local and national businesses. Each bag of Signature 55 that is purchased gives $0.55 back into the community, giving back, one sip at a time.
Our Coffee Shop has multiple facets that we need our Cafe Manager to lead from the daily interior aspects of the cafe (customers, staff, ordering, product management etc) to managing the outside vendor orders, and taking the lead of our operations end of the business that is coming to CHC frequently and at a high rate. The successful candidate will enforce and implement the right processes and practices across the business to ensure compliance, efficiency, and profitability while working alongside Shift Supervisors and Baristas to provide support, as well as coach, assign tasks, and share feedback. Managers also assist with back of house and administrative responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years' experience in a management level position
- Barista or food service experience preferred
- Food Handler Card, Food Protection Manager or Serv Safe a plus
Availability & Attendance
- Available to open or close on a regular basis and to cover shifts in an emergency
- Must be available on weekends and holidays and be able to take phone calls or send emails outside of scheduled shifts when necessary
- Demonstrates reliability and consistency in terms of attendance
Areas of Competency
- Capable of leading and developing a team of assistant managers, shift supervisors and baristas
- Detailed and comprehensive knowledge of front of the house operations, including all standards related to beverage and food preparation, customer service, POS functions, and food safety/cleanliness
- Routinely follows all standards and provides coaching and training to baristas in keeping with these standards
- Able to perform all opening and closing tasks, and do so in the allotted time
- Confident assigning tasks to team members and following up on their work
- Understands how to prepare batch beverage recipes and cold brew
- Able to accurately fill stock lists, count inventories and submit orders to par
- Willingness and ability to learn and implement new procedures and standards, and ability to train team members on new procedures and standards
Required Training and Certification
- FL Licensed Food Handler Permit (within 1st week of being hired)
- FL Food Manager Certification (within 60 days of being hired)
- Work alongside team, typically in a support role
- Provide guidance to Shift Supervisors and Baristas
- Communicate any operational changes and/or new policies and procedures to staff
- Create shift plans and communicate these plans or any changes in plans to the team
- Identify and work to alleviate service bottlenecks
- Monitor all stations to ensure the team is meeting expectations in terms of customer service, beverage recipe and food standards, cleanliness and food safety
- Communicate and resolve shortcomings and provide coaching and guidance where necessary
- Provide resolution for customer concerns and/or complaints
- Assist with shift changes, assign cash tills, and manage change fund
- Update Shift Leader Tablet with shift plans daily
- Weekly inventory counts
- Place, receive and check in orders throughout the week
- Create daily requisitions for the Commissary Kitchen
- Café Walk Throughs (up to 3 times per week)
- Monthly Food Safety and Café Standards Audit
- Create weekly schedule as needed
- Take a lead role setting the weekly batch prep schedule and quantities, and ensure the batches are prepped (several times throughout the week)
- Assist with new employee onboarding and training as needed
Voted Best Coffee 2020 by Fort Lauderdale Magazine!! Circle House Coffee is a vibrant café and drive-thru located in downtown Fort Lauderdale's Flagler Village and Oakland Park, FL. Our mission, Giving Back One Sip at a Time, represents who we are as individuals and as a team. We partner regularly with local charities to raise awareness around important causes and collect donations to support the group’s work. By working at Circle House Coffee, you are demonstrating a commitment to making a difference in our community.