|Location||1 Hendry Ave., Cocoa Beach, FL|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2021|
La Quinta by Wyndham is now looking for an exceptional personality to join our award-winning front desk team at the La Quinta by Wyndham located ocean front, in beautiful Cocoa Beach, Fl.
We are offering a limited-time sign-on bonus for new team members who provide an exceptional guest experience. Apply today, join our team, and you can be eligible to earn a sign-on bonus after 90 days. *
The Front Desk Manager is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests and team members, all the time. Will act as MOD in absence of the General Manager. Preforming check-ins, check-outs, reservations, and everything in between while of course maximizing room revenue and occupancy. This is a full-time salary position and responsible for front desk training, mentoring, scheduling along with other duties.
Education & Experience
- Smile is Mandatory.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field required
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Must be 21+
- Computer experience required. SynXis PMS system a plus but not required
- English is required & bi-lingual a big plus.
- Physical Requirements
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Smile is Mandatory! Able to always maintain a warm and friendly demeanor.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all team members and guests, in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests and solve or properly delegate an issue.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel. Tardiness or Call-offs will not be tolerated.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, solving problems, as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able and willing to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk or anywhere on site, in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met.
- Answer all guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities, hours of operation, etc. in a timely manner.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient, courteous manner.
- Always use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
- Maintain and market promotions and guest programs along with OTA’s.