|Location||806 San Marino Dr, The Villages, FL 32159, The Villages, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 16, 2021|
Scope of Responsibilities
Within the spirit of "Making People's Dreams Come True”, responsibilities of this position include coordinating the dining room personnel, scheduling reservations, seating guests, and maintaining a clean and sanitary environment for the guests while delivering Raving Fans customer service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following; While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions to be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require (this includes, but is not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments)
- Answer the phone with the proper greeting.
- Schedule dining reservations and arrange parties or special services for diners.
- Use paging systems/waiting lists accurately.
- Provide accurate wait time quotes.
- Greet guests, escort to tables, and provide menus.
- Seat guests according to an assigned seating plan or rotation.
- Coordinate activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
- Inspect dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness.
- Replenish linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
- Prepare beverages and expedite food orders.
- Create a positive experience at the front door.
- Bus and sanitize tables as needed.
- Open doors, where applicable.
- Welcome and thank guests.
- Answer questions - accurately and politely.
- Maintain a clean and organized waiting area.
- Direct guests to areas & restrooms.
- Assemble to-go orders if needed.
- Provide restaurant information as needed.
- Monitor restaurant atmosphere.
- Complete restroom checks as needed.
- Assist other employees as needed.
- Perform all opening, running, and closing duties.
- Master service skills such as guest service focus, position knowledge, stay’s organized, follows service standards.
- Deliver at a high performance, holding themselves accountable through effective coaching and strong follow-through skills.
- Understand and execute an action plan to achieve goals.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Employees, customers and the general public (bilingual, Spanish speaking a plus).
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires prolonged hand and wrist movement/usage. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is restaurant/bar setting with the physical demands described and is representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to changing weather conditions depending on the location of the assigned hosting area. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.