|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
Greeting and escorting guests to tables in the restaurant, supervising staff, maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction. Be on duty ahead of your staff to ensure everyone has arrived for work and in proper attire.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
25 Supervise service personnel including counseling and discipline, to maintain service standards.
25 Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, and then escort them to their table and present menu.
5 Read, maintain and make daily entries in the logbook to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
20 Maintain proper set-up of dining room and enforce uniform and grooming standards of all service personnel on a daily basis.
10 Keep staff informed of current promotions, daily special, guest comments, daily events and pertinent memos.
10 Receive record and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Maintain an open line of communication between guests, management and line employees.
• Carry coffee and/or teapots throughout outlet, refilling guests' cups as requested.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Knowledge of restaurant operations, to include appropriate staffing levels, service equipment and guest relations.
• Ability to read the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
• Ability to speak the English language sufficient to conduct small employee meeting to impart new information.
• Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
• Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guest.
• Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
Any combination of: education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from high school that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Restaurant supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).