|Date Posted||December 27, 2021|
Position Summary: Ensure guests are welcomed to the restaurant from the time they walk through the door until the time they depart. Greet guests in a friendly, polite manner, be prompt and reliable, and help co-workers whenever possible.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong telephone etiquette is essential. Be polite, confident, and able to help the guest with any request or know where to direct them.
- Take reservations using good judgment and precise timing.
- Acknowledge guests immediately as they walk through the door. Ask their name when applicable. Always refer to them by name.
- Seat guests, ladies first. Advise the server of any special requests. Tell the server the name and seat number of the host.
- Keep the pace of the floor at a level that ensures excellent service by limiting covers.
- Bid the guest a friendly farewell. Remember to use their name whenever possible.
- Note any guest comments. If there is a complaint, notify a manager immediately. If there is a positive comment, login to the comment book.
- Be knowledgeable of daily function sheets, in-house VIPs, current activities, hours of operation throughout the hotel, etc.
- Be aware of menu items, specials of the evening, and how they're prepared. General knowledge of available wines.
- Immediately reports in writing any maintenance or housekeeping discrepancies to management.
- Assist with transporting beverages from cocktail tables or the bar when seating guests in the restaurant.
Education: High School diploma or GED plus 1-year guest service experience or equivalent combination of education or experience that provides the above skills, knowledge, and ability.
Experience: A minimum of 1-year experience in a guest service position directly dealing with guests.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be well-groomed and have a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, frequently changing environment.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kolter Hospitality Participates in E-Verify