|Location||420 WHITE STREET, State of Florida, Florida|
|Date Posted||October 5, 2021|
DIVISION OF BLIND SERVICES
LOCATION: DAYTONA BEACH
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A LEVEL 2 BACKGROUND SCREENING IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
CANDIDATES ARE TYPICALLY HIRED AT THE MINIMUM SALARY.
ALL EMPLOYMENT GAPS MUST BE EXPLAINED AND INCLUDED WITH WORK HISTORY WHEN APPLYING.
This position is located at the Division of Blind Services Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired in Daytona Beach. This position performs work involving a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking, such as preparing cold foods and shellfish, slicing meat, and brewing coffee or tea. This position works in food service at the Rehabilitation Center and supports the clients and customers of the Center with meals, food support, preparation, etc.
Examples of Work:
- Cleans, portions and cuts or peels various foods to prepare for cooking and serving.
- Prepares a variety of foods according to customers’ orders or instructions of superior, following approved procedures.
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes, trays, carts, and conveyor belts.
- Works one-on-one with blind and visually impaired students showing them proper food handling procedures.
- Prepares and serves a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- Carries food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Stores food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, equipment, and utensils.
- Requisitions, stores, and distributes food supplies, equipment, and utensils.
- One year of food service experience; or
- Completion of a program of study from a vocational/technical school in a food service area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the equipment, procedures and techniques used in cooking, baking, and/or meat cutting.
- Knowledge of the procedures for maintaining sanitary working conditions.
- Ability to perform food service functions in one or more of the following areas: cooking, baking or meat cutting.
- Ability to read and follow recipes and/or other instructions.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
To be considered for a position with the Division of Blind Services:
- All fields in the candidate profile must be completed.
- Work history, hours worked, and formal education fields must be filled out to determine qualifications for this position. Putting "see resume" does not substitute for completing all sections of the candidate profile.
- Responses to qualifying questions must be verifiable in the candidate profile. Not all applicants will be interviewed. Preference will be given for qualifying veterans, employees in layoff status and qualified candidates based on a review of their overall scores, KSAs, primary and supplemental applications, as well as completion of any required work samples, willingness questionnaires, and behavioral/personality/skills tests, and interview responses, as applicable. References and file reviews from previous employment will be verified to determine suitability.
- Resumes and other documentation can be attached to provide additional information.
- Individuals lacking the ability to competently do the job and those who are unable to positively contribute to a productive team environment, need not apply.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a Level II Background screening.
- All previous periods of employment must be listed and accounted for.
The Florida Division of Blind Services is committed
to increasing recruitment and hiring of Veterans and individuals with disabilities and
improving employment outcomes.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Daytona Beach