|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
Service of food and/or beverage and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Average Percent of Time
15 Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
10 Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
75 When order is complete, retrieve order up to 30 lbs., from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments. Abide by all State, Federal and Local laws pertaining to food and beverage.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Supplement the bus-help in clearing and resetting the tables.
• Perform all assigned side-work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side-stands.
• Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service-ware and menu items.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests.
• Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
• Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded area on a continuous basis throughout shift.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).