|Location||17401 Perdido Key Dr, Pensacola, FL|
|Date Posted||October 27, 2021|
Flora-Bama General Manager
- Leads and directs all aspects of operations for a large, high-volume bar/entertainment venue.
- Assess current state (strong players, weak players, opportunities for improved systems); work with ownership to design future state; implement changes needed to achieve future state quickly.
- Create a culture that rewards high performance and results.
- Maintains a strong presence in the business, ensuring the proper execution of operational standards by frequently working various shifts to ensure standards of excellence, safety and sanitation are met, and individuals are held accountable.
- Works with Director of Operations to implement and enforce all company SOPs & training initiatives.
- Directs a team of Managers and front-line employees to ensure the achievement of operational standards and priorities.
- Provides leadership and development to strengthen the team and the quality of operations.
- Utilizes and coordinates resources and supports Human Resources, Accounting, Training, and Operations departments.
- Works to develop and implement strategic plans and initiatives that ensure aggressive growth of overall sales and profitability.
- Plans, budgets, analyzes, and implements practical action steps to achieve the business’s financial objectives.
- Works with HR to ensure the business is staffed adequately with managers/team members and that proper succession planning for management roles exists.
- This position contributes to the strategic direction of the company as a senior manager.
- Works closely with other department heads to ensure alignment throughout the brand
- Works with HR to ensure compliance as related to employment risk at the federal and state levels in areas such as unemployment, workers compensation, wage and hour laws, prevention of claims of discrimination or harassment, prevention of any activities in violation of Title VII, responsible service of alcohol and guest liability issues.
- The GM must ensure the proper communication and implementation of company directives and initiatives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least five years of high volume, hospitality management experience
- Experience and track record of operating profitable existing business operations as well as startups
- Strong leadership, team building, and communication skills
- Basic business math and financial knowledge
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel & OutlookMust possess knowledge of business and management principles, planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Must be comfortable with actively contributing in above and in various positions.
Bachelor's degree in business, finance, culinary arts, or hospitality
Job Type: Full-time