|Location||9011 US-98, Miramar Beach, FL|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
This position is located within the TOPS'L Beach and Racquet Resort
We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa
We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We’re hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. We’re the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners and guests.
What we’re looking for
Vacasa is seeking a hard-working, energetic employee who is passionate about delivering on the promise of excellence in customer service. By providing personalized attention to our guests and owners, you will help us maintain our quickly growing portfolio of vacation homes. We are seeking an Executive Chef to join the team at our on-site restaurants.
What you’ll do
The Executive Chef is responsible for planning and managing the culinary operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality and timeliness of food preparation and delivery. Ensure adherence and compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals for the culinary operations.
- Recruit, interview, select, supervise, train and develop culinary staff in the performance of their duties.
- Monitor culinary staff performance, product quality and production flow. Coach, counsel, conduct performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and maintain compliance with SOP’s for culinary operations, including adherence to safety regulations and federal, state and local food code regulations, to ensure optimal levels of service, quality and hospitality are provided to guest(s).
- Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various culinary related budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, supplies, equipment) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service
- Maintain par level inventories of food and other supplies. Establish methods of inventory control and maintain proper ordering procedures for purchasing. Participate in physical inventories.
- Develop, implement, maintain and update recipes and menu offerings in response to customer trends, needs, feedback, etc., to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Recommend and implement promotions, displays, presentations and ideas, to capture more in-house guests and a larger share of the local market.
- Encourage and actively participate in the career development, training, education and advancement of subordinate culinary staff members.
Work environment and physical demands
- Availability to work Sunday through Saturday, early mornings and evenings as needed
- 5 years culinary experience and 3 years culinary management experience
- Serve Safe Certification strongly preferred. TIP’S certification a plus
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
- The physical demands described here are an example of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid sick days and holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts and
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
Vacasa is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate against applicants based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other classes protected by applicable law.
Vacasa is committed to maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Possession, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the workplace is prohibited.
An offer of employment for this role will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.