|Location||5401 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota, FL 34243, FL|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2021|
Job ID 50000
Apply on or before 9/29/2021 at: https://bit.ly/EventRenCoor
About The Ringling
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
The Event and Rental Coordinator assists in the planning of social, entertainment, educational, fundraising events, and lend support with vendors and logistics for other departments as well as interact with potential clients, answer inquiries, conduct site tours, create rental contracts.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and managing University social, entertainment, educational, rental and fundraising events, with oversight of various staff and volunteers assigned to each event.
- Drives a golf cart to traverse the 66 acre estate to provide tours to prospective clients in addition to event logistics.
- Develops and maintains community and vendor relations, obtains and monitors vendor certificates of insurance, executes performance contracts, solicits in-kind donations, and incorporates new event trends. Works closely with marketing department on materials and content, timelines, and grassroots outreach.
- Executes rental agreements for clients, processes moneys received and client correspondence.
- Develops and/or revises policies related to University social, entertainment, educational, rental and fundraising events.
- Works closely with other departments to assist with event planning, bidding, vendors and logistics. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience; or a high school diploma/equivalency and six years of experience related to the duties of this position.
- (Note: or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to six years.)
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Ability to meet physical requirements as determined by position Including the ability to traverse 66 acre estate, climb stairs, stand for long periods of time, and move/lift up to 25lbs.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications and proficiency in computer functions, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Experience or knowledge of the principles and practices of event planning and ability to coordinate, organize and evaluate meetings and/or events.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- A valid State of Florida driver's license or ability to obtain prior to hire.
Please note while these skills are helpful, they are not required for consideration:
- Prior event planning experience.
- Excellent organizational skills; commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several projects at one time in an organized and highly effective manner.
- Strong sense of urgency and an ability to problem solve.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
$35,705 annually plus Florida state benefits available.
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
The primary working hours for this position are Monday through Friday between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with a one hour meal period, but please note incumbent will be required to work evenings, weekends, or holidays based on the needs of the Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Soft Money Funded Position
This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University. For questions related to soft money funded roles feel free to contact Ringling Human Resources at at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.