|Location||806 San Marino Dr, The Villages, FL 32159, The Villages, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 16, 2021|
Scope of Responsibilities
Within the spirit of "Making People's Dreams Come True”, responsibilities of this position include maintaining a clean and orderly kitchen work area while delivering Raving Fans customer service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following; While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions to be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require (this includes, but is not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments)
- Scrape food from dirty dishes and wash dishes by hand, place on racks, or the conveyor for the dishwashing machine.
- Hold inverted glasses over revolving brushes to clean inside surfaces.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors.
- Wash work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
- Segregate and remove trash and garbage and place in designated containers.
- Steam clean or hose out garbage cans.
- Sort bottles and break disposable bottles in crushing machine.
- Polish silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Set up banquet tables.
- Wash and peel vegetables.
- Load or unload trucks picking up or delivering food and supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness, safety, and sanitation standards of glassware, tableware, utensils, pots & pans.
- Maintain a clean and organized dish room & work area.
- Set up & break down of dish machine.
- Clean dishes and operating a dish machine.
- Ensure dish machine is working properly.
- Empty trash/recycle bins as needed.
- Recycle products when possible.
- Communicate professionally with co-workers.
- Perform all opening, running, and closing duties.
- Practice safety and sanitation standards.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Remain calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere.
- Demonstrate a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency.
- Display a positive and outwardly friendly attitude.
- Understand performance criteria, holding themselves accountable through effective coaching and strong follow-through skills.
- Understand and execute an action plan to achieve goals.
- No prior experience or training.
- Minors between 16 and 18 cannot clean any horizontal or vertical dough mixer; batter mixer; bread dividing, rounding, or molding machine; dough brake; dough sheeter; combination bread slicing and wrapping machine; or cake cutting band saw.
- Minors under 16 cannot clean power-driven food slicing machines and grinders, food choppers and cutters, and bakery-type mixers.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and difference between words and numbers. Ability to write and speak simple sentences. Ability to use and understand the English language, which is essential to ensure the safety of the employee in reading directions for use in the operation of the dish tank. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Employees, customers and the general public (bilingual, Spanish speaking a plus).
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, talk or hear; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires prolonged hand and wrist movement/usage. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a restaurant/bar setting with the physical demands described and is representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration due to kitchen equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.