|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
Position Title: Steward/Dishwasher Department: Food and Beverage
Reports to: Executive Chef or MOD FLSA Designation: Nonexempt
Transport and clean cooking utensils and service-ware in order to provide cooks, bus-person and food servers with appropriate equipment for guests’ dining experience. Also requires cleaning of physical surroundings.
Examples of Duties:
- Promptly and carefully sort soiled ware so that it can be placed in the dish or pot machine properly. Quickly wash all ware and replace in storage areas as designated.
- Keep dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
- Empty trash, cardboard, etc. and keep kitchen and dishwashing area clean.
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans by hand promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean and dry floors to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Separate linen from other debris.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, empty trash, etc.
Specific Job knowledge, skill and ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of service-ware and how to maintain same in order to compliment guest experience.
- Ability to push/pull service carts weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Ability to understand verbal direction in English so as to fully comprehend job requests, caution notices and similar materials.
- Ability to transport heavy objects through a crowded room.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods or trash on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 150 lbs, with assistance.
- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Must notify Manager anytime dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below standard temperatures.
- Lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other utensils, weighing up to 30 lbs., up to 50 times per shift.
- Ability to work in hot, damp environment.
- Must wash hands frequently.
Any combination of education: training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available through your supervisor.)