|Location||806 San Marino Dr, The Villages, FL 32159, The Villages, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 16, 2021|
Scope of Responsibilities
Within the spirit of "Making People's Dreams Come True", responsibilities of this position include preparing a cuisine utilizing experience and a passion for food preparation. This position is also responsible for maintaining a clean & sanitary environment while delivering Raving Fans customer service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following: While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions to be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require (this includes, but is not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments)
- Prepare food by adhering to recipe book.
- Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measure and mix ingredients according to recipes to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bake, roast, broil and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods.
- Add seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observe and test food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with fork to determine doneness.
- Carve meat, portion food on serving plates, add gravies and sauces, and garnish servings to fill orders.
- Wash, peel, cut and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare for use.
- Butcher, cut, trim and bone chicken, fish and meat prior to cooking.
- Bake bread, rolls, cakes and pastry.
- Load and unload trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food.
- Scrape food from dirty dishes and wash by hand or place on racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
- Wash pots, pans and trays.
- Segregate and remove trash and garbage and place it in designated containers.
- Steam clean or hose out garbage cans.
- Perform all opening, running, and closing duties.
- Assemble all orders coming into the kitchen.
- Check the quality of all orders going out of the kitchen.
- Maintain a clean & organized kitchen.
- Practice safety and sanitation standards.
- Have a mastery in kitchen skills (knife skills, kitchen safety, meal prep, stay organized, follows recipes, etc.).
- Understand performance criteria, holding themselves accountable through effective coaching and strong follow-through skills.
- Understand and execute an action plan to achieve goals.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of two (2) plus years of experience.
- Must obtain Food Handler’s Certification.
- Must have departmental software computer knowledge (based on department employed by with a minimum of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel).
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Employees, customers and the general public (bilingual, Spanish speaking a plus).
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires prolonged hand and wrist movement/usage. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a restaurant/bar setting with the physical demands described and is representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extremely hot conditions while cooking, and extremely cold conditions during preparations. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.