|Location||608 Ponte Vedra Blvd, Jacksonville, FL|
|Date Posted||April 18, 2022|
The successful candidate will join a team of highly skilled & professional F&B personnel. We are seeking industry leading qualities from those who set the benchmark of F&B creativity, production and standards for quality and pace.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Team based culture and collaborative method mindset is a must with at least one-year experience in a professional “Team Oriented” high-volume upscale restaurant, private club or luxury resort.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: The successful candidate will have passion for the industry, creativity, a drive for excellence and is expected to be a positive contributor.
EDUCATION: Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language at a level sufficient to communicate effectively with clients, members, guests and co-workers. Multi-lingual is always a plus.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Working on your feet, moving about at a quick pace for long hours at a time; must be able to lift, carry and move up to 35 pounds; must be able to work in a hot environment.
Responsibilities for this Position
- 3 years Ala Carte Service/ Fine Dining knowledge.
- Prepares all foods according to standard recipes to ensure consistency of product to the guest.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control, eg., especially high cost meat items.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition to comply with health department regulations.
- Ensures all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition.
- Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in work station. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
- Requires stamina for standing and strength for lifting and moving products, weighing up to 60lbs.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of hot cooking to include broiling, frying, sautéing and grilling.
- ServSafe Manager Certified.
- Knowledge of operating kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry 50 lbs., or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 pounds.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Live in the local area or within commuting distance.
- Willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- We provide a substance free environment. Substance testing is mandatory.
- Focus on guest experience with a “Yes” attitude
- Energetic personality.
Commensurate with experience
Varied schedule including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Paid Vacation/Holidays/Sick
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dry Cleaning/Laundry
- Free Parking
- Staff Cafe
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER