|Location||505 W Pensacola St., Tallahassee, Florida|
|Date Posted||August 26, 2021|
- Catering Manger- Donald Tucker Civic Center.
- Tallahassee, FL
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage
Supervises: Event Services Staff during events
Status: Full-Time; Salaried; Exempt
Responsible for promoting, planning and managing Food and Beverage events, specifically for “short term” bookings. Plan, organize, and control events within the facility as assigned and monitor the logistical interfacing of these events with other departments on behalf of the F&B Dept. Duties will include event management tasks after events are booked through their conclusion.
- Two to four years of increasingly responsible Event/Catering management experience preferably in a convention center or a major hotel.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course works
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and written.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid drivers’ license
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a ServSafe Certification or equivalent
Special Knowledge Of:
- Ability to multitask, organize, and deliver outstanding customer service
- Modern office methods, procedures, and equipment including ADP
- Accurate financial reporting including but not limited to labor, COGS
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; training on industry specific software will be provided
- Able to perceive the needs of facility tenants…be proactive, not reactive
- Knowledge of operating procedures of a public assembly facility
- Terminology used in the convention, trade show, and entertainment industry
- The ability to grow, develop, and train staff members to work as a unit
RESPONSIBILITIES: (including to but not limited to)
- Monitor and Control staffing levels for events based on labor needs.
- Manage event on site: Finalize lessee requirements; prepare work orders; recommend staffing levels; schedule staff; functionally supervise Food & Beverage employees.
- Ensure compliance with safety, fire and health codes
- Troubleshoot during events: make decisions regarding last minute adjustments and impact on contract; liaison with client, resolve customer services issues
- Maintain proper stock levels, including monthly inventory, linens, Sterno, Bev ETC
- Acts as Event Manager/Manager on Duty as needed
- Any and all other duties as assigned by Dir of Food and Beverage.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach within hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The essential functions of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
Organizes and supervises all event details and activities to ensure timeliness, cost effectiveness and ultimate customer satisfaction
Negotiates client contracts and vendor agreements. Troubleshoots, makes on-site decisions to deal with situations and problems. Functionally supervises event staff.