|Location||1000 Old Mill Run Lake Sumter Landing, The Villages, Florida|
|Date Posted||July 23, 2021|
Scope of Responsibilities
Within the spirit of "Making People's Dreams Come True", responsibilities of this position include managing all monetary exchanges by taking orders and ringing up transactions, serving as a liaison between the customer, the managerial staff and the kitchen staff, and keeping the front area of the restaurant clean and well stocked. This position is also responsible for delivering Raving Fans customer service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following: While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions to be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require (this includes, but is not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments)
- Record customer orders, both at the counter and the drive-through (if applicable).
- Transfer orders to the kitchen to ensure preparation.
- Monitor orders and ensure prompt delivery.
- Assist with packing food in boxes and bags.
- Help cook food and work in the kitchen, when necessary.
- Up-sell in-store promotions, when applicable.
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints, suggestions, and inquiries.
- Keep the counter and dining area neat and clean.
- Sweep and mop the floor regularly.
- Restock napkins, straws, lids and other supplies in the dining area.
- Tally orders served and amount of cash received.
- Handle bank transactions for the restaurant.
- Accept money from customers and provide correct change.
- Process credit card and debit card transactions.
- Count money in the cash drawer at the beginning and end of each work shift.
- Keep track of cash drawer throughout shift and balance at the end of the shift.
- Inventory supplies and goods with supervising manager, when necessary.
- Greet all customers politely when entering the restaurant.
- Take direction from shift leader.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Good math skills
- Strong communication
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Must have departmental software computer knowledge (based on department employed by with a minimum of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel).
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Employees, customers and the general public (bilingual, Spanish speaking a plus).
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires prolonged hand and wrist movement/usage. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a restaurant/bar setting with the physical demands described and is representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.