|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
Set up and clear tables, stock all service stations and assist food servers with table service to ensure total guest satisfaction.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
40 Quickly clear dirty table settings and prepare table for resetting. Promptly and consistently reset all service-ware as prescribed.
20 Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meal periods with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments.
10 Serve guests with beverages, breads and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary.
20 Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwashing for proper cleaning.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
• Folding napkins for all meal periods throughout the day to maintain an adequate supply.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills, or special guest requests, to ensure total guest satisfaction.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
• Ability to understand verbal English to comprehend basic guest requests. Ability to understand written English to read any caution or safety notices.
• Agility to: grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room.
• Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
Any combination of: education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).