|Location||3210 Fenney Way The Villages, FL 32163, The Villages, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 16, 2021|
Scope of Responsibilities
Within the spirit of "Making People's Dreams Come True”, responsibilities of this position include serving meals and beverages to patrons in the dining establishment as well as maintaining a clean and sanitary environment for the guests while delivering Raving Fans customer service to both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities for this position include the following: While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions to be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require (this includes, but is not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technology developments)
- Make drinks to spec/follow recipe guidelines.
- Guide guests through their dining experience.
- Display a friendly attitude toward guests.
- Take orders, bus tables, run food, complete side work, and provide bar maintenance.
- Maintain a clean, organized work station, and performing all opening, running, and closing duties.
- Deliver courteous and accurate service to ensure a pleasant dining experience for all guests.
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge.
- Upsell specialty drinks and feature food items.
- Take correct food and drink orders and input through POS system.
- Ring up orders on the computer before drinks are made and served.
- Answer all guest questions accurately.
- Check ID’s properly.
- Demonstrate food safety & responsible alcohol service.
- Prepare checks, collecting payment, process charges and/or make change from guests.
- Maintain proper cash drawer balances.
- Demonstrate knowledge of bar/table/station numbers.
- Stock liquor, beer, wine rooms/coolers.
- Maintain & wash glassware throughout shift.
- Properly cover, label, date and refrigerate bar products.
- Maintain proper par levels behind the bar.
- Establish and maintain a 3-compartment sink.
- Change kegs when needed.
- Support inventory counts as needed.
- Set up and break down the bar and/or portable bar.
- Clean and sweep floors.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make an attractive display.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and according to company guidelines.
- Master service skills such as guest service focus, food & drink assembly knowledge, stay’s organized, follows service standards.
- Deliver at a high performance, holding themselves accountable through effective coaching and strong follow-through skills.
- Understand and execute an action plan to achieve goals.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of two (2) plus years of experience.
- Must obtain Food Handler’s Certification.
- Must obtain a Responsible Alcohol Service Certification.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and state regulations related to alcohol service and health code compliance.
- Competency in resource management and inventory control.
- Must have departmental software computer knowledge (based on department employed by with a minimum of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel).
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Employees, customers and the general public (bilingual, Spanish speaking a plus).
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; taste or smell.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position requires prolonged hand and wrist movement/usage. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a restaurant/bar setting with the physical demands described and is representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is loud.