|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
To serve beverages and/or food to the guests: in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. Also, to prepare beverages for other servers to supply to guests, and act as cashier for the lounge.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
10 Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
5 Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
40 Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks, mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
20 Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest. Including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
10 Verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
5 Locks up and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items; deposit cash drops and secure bank.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by the supervisor to adhere to health standards.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested e.g., special guest requests.
• Must adhere to all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
• Other duties as assigned such as assisting security with disorderly guests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
• Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions, balance sheets and vouchers.
• Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
• Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
• Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check, order and close out a check.
• Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Bartending experience required.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate including alcohol and servers certification. CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).