|Location||1001 N Macinnes PL, Tampa, FL|
|Date Posted||September 25, 2023|
|Financial Incentives||Excellent health benefits, 403b match & Paid Time Off|
Be a Star at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts!
Located in downtown Tampa, the Straz offers a team-based work environment and a full package of benefits for full-time staff including options for health/dental, vision, etc., plus a generous 403(b) plan.
Ideal candidates will have prior catering event knowledge and one year of event or restaurant/food and beverage supervisory experience.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Supervise, direct, and train food & beverage (F&B) staff on proper catering or restaurant service
- Ensure the proper set up of banquet rooms in accordance with event diagrams including tables, chairs, linens, audiovisual, and food
- Evaluate the performance of catering and restaurant staff and make recommendations for improvement
- Must be able to lead, motivate, and relate to staff, peers, and clients
- Effectively schedule staff across all areas of the F&B department
- Maintain an accurate inventory of department equipment
- Assist the banquet captain and restaurant supervisor in accordance with their job descriptions
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions gained by experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Possess ability to operate all facets of a point-of-sale (POS) system - TOAST POS experience preferred.
- Ability to train and lead by example.
- At least one year of prior supervisory experience in a full-service restaurant.
- Catering experience required.
- Multi-outlet facility experience a plus.
Please Apply using the link below:
The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.