|Location||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
POSITION PURPOSE: TO ENSURE FOOD IS COOKED IN ACCORDANCE WITH ESTABLISHED STANDARDS IN ORDER TO PROVIDE OPTIMAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
50 Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check.
15 Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control size.
20 Keeps all refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean and in proper working condition.
5 Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in the workstation. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
• Keep floor dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
• Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
• Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, fryers, steamers, kettles, etc.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
• Ability to read and write the English language in order to complete requisitions. Read recipes and communicate with other employees.
• Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
• Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.
• Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education training or experience providing the required knowledge, skills and abilities of Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Cooking experience required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).